Paneer Kofta Curry
‘Kofta’ – I have been eating these koftas since my mum started making North-Indian dishes in-house! I’m not so bold enough to try varieties of koftas like mum… As I got to taste Bottle gourd (lauki), Cheese, Lentils based, Mix Veg, Malai, Nargisi, Corn, Peas n many more variations in koftas from her end!!!
Since I faced a terrible incident of kofta explosion while frying them n got my skin burnt on face n right hand, I was terrified to try it often! Never too late… I have found an option to make these ‘Paneer Kofta’ in my paniyaram pan only! How I love this pan… which I bought from India for no specific reason!!!
I’ll post some basics of ‘North-Indian Curries’ soon in ‘Kitchen Basics’ section… yet few tips are given at the end of this recipe! This one is a winner recipe for sure…
50 gm Paneer
1 Boiled Potato
1 tbsp Corn Flour
Salt, to taste
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder, roasted
Oil, to shallow-fry
2 Tomato, medium
1 tbsp 2G Paste
1 tsp Kasoori Methi
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Full Cream (optional)
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Crumble paneer and mash boiled potato. Mix them together in a big bowl along with all other ingredients.
- Divide this stuffing in 7-8 portions and make balls out of them.
- Heat paniyaram pan and drizzle few drops of oil in all moulds.
- Arrange prepared koftas and shallow-fry them until golden brown in color.
- Roughtly chop onions and tomatoes.
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a deep pan and cook onions + tomatoes in it. Once they are mushy in texture (approx 10-12 mins), cool them down to room temp and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and add 2G paste in it. Cook to release raw aroma out of it.
- Mix already cooked paste and other ingredients. Mix everything well and cook this gravy for 4-5 mins.
- Add paneer koftas in gravy just before serving.
- Serve hot with Tandoori Naan!
- I used a word 2G for Ginger-Garlic Paste. Similarly, 3G I use for Ginger-Garlic-Green Chillies Paste :)