Eggless Choco-Walnut Cake
Saturday brought lots of fun with a great sunny weather… Decided to catch up with school buddies over dinner! Lemme give a brief intro here…
KD has been an intersection of my school/college buddies… I hardly recall anyone who joins him in that category! Missed being in his touch for a short-term after college, but that friendship is back with a bang!!! In fact, I’m definitely thankful to him for bringing me closer to my decision of getting married with KG :) His bad luck, he has to face me here too :P
DD – A girl whom I always considered to be the most quiet one in the classes! And yes, pretty much studious too… But 1st impression doesn’t have to be true always! Got to know her better since I met her personally… Although we (or I) didn’t much stay in touch with her on day-to-day basis, but having known her now, I redefine that impression – A girl who’s quite jolly by nature n a chatter-box like me :)
Wait wait… How can I miss those evening English classes??!!! I still remember all girls imitating PC Sir each day before his arrival n yes one of the culprits was KA… I better say, culprit in many bluffs/blunders occured throughout the year (I was also involved though) ;) Never imagined to get her back in my friend-list!!! Have met just twice in a year… but now I’m sure to meet her often! Believe me, she hasn’t changed a bit even… still the same bubblie girl, spreading laughter all around :)
Love to have these people in my precious ‘long-lost-newly-resurfaced‘ friends!
Back to saturday… I spend my 3 hours baking this ‘Chocolate-Walnut Cake’, which was baked eggless on special demand :) Reached KD-DD’s place in evening… 3 couples together had a super-yum ‘Chhhole-Tikki’ in dinner! 2 plates full of this evergreen chat-variety with chilled buttermilk… Wow! That was just a start… Kept talking n talking for almost an hour n then the game began! Started playing cards… Took a short-break with my dessert… Again cards! Looks like I restarted enjoying this game ‘Judgement’ :P And ended up @ around 12:30 am…
What an evening it was!!! Fun, Food n Friends… Looking forward to have it often now :)
Till then, here is a recipe for an easy to bake ‘Eggless Choco-Walnut Cake’!!!
2 cups Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Coffee Powder
3/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup Cooking Oil
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Yogurt
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Water
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Sieve plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and coffee powder in a big mixing bowl.
- Add in Chopped walnuts and salt too. Mix all these dry ingredients well.
- In a small bowl, take cooking oil, caster & brown sugar, yogurt, lemon juice and water. Mix them all together and make a fluffy n lump-free mixture.
- Pour it in a big bowl and gently fold it to make a no-lumps batter of pouring consistency.
- Grease a cake mould with butter and coat it with plain flour.
- Pour cake batter in this mould and tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for approx 35-40 mins.
- Insert a toothpick after 35 mins. If it comes out clean, cake is ready.
- Keep it on cooling rack for 10-15 mins.
- You may follow icing or enjoy it as it is!!!
- I used a vanilla fondant for icing this cake! And then made a chocolate cone using melted dark chocolate to decorate it :)