I always think twice before buying a bunch of spring onions from market as it’s hard to keep them for more than 1-2 days in pantry and major reason, I don’t have to cook so many dishes using it! Usually I only prefer to have them when I’m planning chinese or some authentic kathiyawadi cuisine, but this time I bought it specially to make this pancakes :) ‘Korean Scallion Pancakes’ are nothing but ‘Spring Onion Paratha’ of Indian cuisine, but I couldn’t imagine myself gobbling up 4-5 parathas at once… Flavors were simply superb :) Try it out…
4-5 Spring Onions
1/2 cup Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Plain Flour
2 tsp Cooking Oil
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt, to taste
Oil, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Finely chop spring onions (whites n greens together) and keep it aside.
- Mix wheat flour, plain flour, salt and black pepper powder in a big bowl.
- Knead soft dough by adding water as required.
- Cover with a cling wrap and keep it aside for 10-15 mins. Divide the dough in 7-8 equal portions.
- Roll them out to make a paratha of 7-8″ in diameter.
- Brush 2-3 drops of oil on the surface and sprinkle approx 1 tbsp of spring onions evenly.
- Fold it from top to bottom tightly and then roll it to make a swirl ball.
- Again roll it out to make a paratha and cook it on flat griddle with a few drops of oil.
- Serve hot with chilled yogurt!