Chatpati Chana Dal
How many of you remember those roadside ‘khhumcha wala’ selling a paper-cone full of masala chana dal or chana-jor-garam just in Rs. 10 or so??!!!
Although I’m not allowed to have much of street food, many a times I had it with friends, cousins or colleagues at various places… but I always miss having that chatpati chana dal outside a pantaloons store. Something so yummy to munch after hours of shopping ;) When you miss something, you always try bringing those moments back… n I did that too! Made the same chana dal for an evening snack, which didn’t last for more than 2 days in that container…
Try out this home-made, crunchy, delicious ‘Chatpati Chana Dal’ @ home n I bet you’ll forget stall/store-bought ones!!!
1 cup Chana Dal
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Black Salt
Oil, to fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and soak chana dal overnight in plenty of water.
- Drain excess water and spread it on a kitchen towel to dry completely.
- Mix red chilly powder and black salt in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in deep-frying pan and arrange a heat-proof strainer in it.
- Add soaked chana dal (2 tbsp at time) and deep-fry them till crisp and golden in color.
- Take it out on absorbent paper and sprinkle spice-mix immediately. Repeat the same process for rest of chana dal.
- Toss it well and enjoy munching!!!