Last week, I was wondering what to do with a pack of penne pasta that is screaming to be used up??!!! Evenings of weekdays when hubby works from home, I have to be ready with several instant dishes to make whenever he demands. Recalled that pasta pack and thought of making some sauce too… It was too delicious to resist myself taking another plateful of it, but something on good note… I preserved some pasta sauce in jar for using it later ;)
This definitely was the best home-made sauce as well as pasta till now :)
1 cup Penne pasta
2 tsp Chopped Garlic
1 Tomatoes, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 Button Mushrooms, Sliced
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Red chilly flakes
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese, to serve
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cook pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt and tsp of oil.
- Drain and rinse under the cold water so it doesn’t become sticky.
- Take some oil in a sauce pan and add chopped garlic, onions & tomatoes along with 1 tsp oregano and a pinch of paprika.
- Cook it for approx 15 mins to make a saucy texture.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel and add mushrooms and saute it for a while.
- Add cooked pasta, prepared sauce and spices.
- Once pasta are well coated, turn off the heat and transfer it to serving plate.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top before serving!
- You can use your choice of summer vegetables (parboiled or grilled).
- Also, amount of cheese can be adjusted according to your taste-buds :)
- You can make this sauce in bulk and freeze it to use later on.