Being a protein-lover, I kept a big pack of soya granules in-house but hardly ever used it! May be ‘coz it’s hard to bring flavors in this source of protein… Even if I make soya patties for burgers, I need so many extra elements to enrich the taste n flavors :P
Had a can of mixed beans on hand n saw my soya granules crying to be used up sometime… More than that, got in conversation with Natasha on a foodie group regarding finger-food we can make using paniyaram pan n instantly thought of making this one :) Soya ‘n’ Beans Paniyaram, healthy n flavorful appetizer/snack to have with a cuppa tea!!!
1/2 cup Soya Granules
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 can Mixed Beans, drained
1 Boiled potato
1 tbsp Plain Flour
1 tsp Cumin Powder, roasted
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Soak soya granules in milk for 15-20 mins and squeeze them to remove moisture completely.
- Mix it with mashed mixed beans and all other ingredients.
- Make 10 equal sized balls out of this mixture.
- Heat paniyaram pan and drizzle few drops of oil in each mould.
- Put prepared balls in it and roast it until golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney!
- You can eliminate potato completely. I used it as I love adding potatoes in any appetizer I make ;)