Makhmaliii… When you hear this word, what’s the 1st thing coming to your mind??!!! My mind starts thinking about a material my mum uses to make thokorji’s outfits n other shringaar :) Something that’s silky, smooth, soft… n in case of food, melt-in-mouth :)
Got a tbsp of green chutney, which obviously wasn’t enough to serve as a dip! Single lonely mushroom can’t be creamed or sauted for breakfast :P And a cube of paneer… huh!!! Why not to try some appetizer using ’em all together??!!!
And I came up with too silky n soft ‘Makhmali Kebab’ to add in my list of finger food :) These tiny, cheesy, melt-in-mouth kebabs turned out to be the best appetizer I ever had…
1 cup Boiled n mashed Potatoes
1 cup Crumbled Paneer (cottage-cheese)
½ cup Chopped Onions
2-3 Button Mushrooms, finely chopped
1 tbsp Plain Flour
¼ cup Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Green Chutney
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and mash them well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and mushrooms into it. Saute it for 3-4 mins or until water gets completely evaporated out of mushrooms.
- Add this mixture to the same bowl and mix everything well.
- Divide this in 12 equal sized balls and shape them as per your choice.
- Heat some oil in a shallow pan and put these kebabs to shallow-fry.
- Cook till they start getting brown crunchiness on both the sides.
- Serve hot with Coriander-Mint Chutney!!!
- Paniyaram pan is used her to roast these kebabs in a lovely shape.