A very well-known middle-eastern dip HUMMUS should be the 1st choice for any protein-lover! It’s made of just few ingredients, but flavors it carries are simply superb… I usually avoid using sesame seeds where I can but never in this!!!
Make a jar full of hummus and store it in freeze for a week… I use it to dip pita bread/chips, to replace butter in sandwiches/burgers, to make a dressing for salads/wraps… You can use it your way :)
1 cup Chickpeas
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 tbsp Tahini
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Chopped Parsley
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Soak chickpeas overnight in a bowl of water.
– Pressure-cook them for 2 whistles. Drain and rinse with fresh water.
– Take cooked chickpeas with other ingredients in a mixture jar.
– Grind them all together to make a smooth paste.
– Place hummus in a bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.
– Serve with pita bread!