Hot ‘n’ Sour Soup
One of my very favorite soups – Hot ‘n’ Sour :) I always wondered if I can bring the same restaurant taste in-house??!!! And yes, since I tried it for the 1st time in my kitchen, I’ve touched the perfection in 3-4 experiments…
A special thanks to all my cousins, who all used to be my lab-rats before getting it so perfect :D
[All veggies – Finely chopped]
2 tbsp Carrot
2 tbsp Cabbage
1 tbsp Spring Onion Whites
2 tsp Spring Onion Greens
2 tsp Capsicum
2 tsp French Beans
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Garlic
1 tsp Soya Sauce
2 tsp Red Chilly Sauce
2 tsp Corn Flour
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
4 cups Vegetable Stock
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Heat oil in a deep vessel.
– Add all the vegetables (except spring onion greens) together in it and saute it for a while. Make sure they retain crunchiness.
– Add vegetable stock along with spices. Stir it well.
– Make a slurry by mixing cornflour into 2 tbsp water.
– Once it reaches boiling point, add a slurry in soup.
– Keep stirring till it thicken slightly.
– Transfer it to serving bowls and garnish with spring onion greens before serving!!! :)
– I avoid adding aji-no-moto (MSG) in any dish as it’s not a good ingredient for health!
– Also, haven’t used vinegar here as I’m allergic to it :(