Ummmm… Broccoli is definitely my favorite one to pick from market! I love its fresh green color, beautiful looking florets n quite a distinct taste… Initially I used to have a confused look at it, but later on I started gobbling up a full bowl of roasted broccoli with a dash of salt n paprika.
This time I wanted to create something more exciting than oven-roasting a head of broccoli! Thought of trying out healthy fritters out of it (I love calling them pakoda only :P). In this dietary fibre source, I added egg too as a protein element n my favorite parmesan for cheesy touch :)
Yes, I could have baked them but making a fritters without oil doesn’t sound like a good idea ;) Here is an easy to follow recipe of cheesy, crunchy n flavorful ‘Broccoli Fritters’!!!
1 cup Chopped Broccoli
1 tbsp Plain Flour
1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Dried Herbs (I used oregano + thyme)
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Oil, to shallow-fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add more plain flour (1 tsp at a time) if required to hold mixture in shape.
– Divide the mixture in 4-5 equal portions.
– Heat oil in a shallow pan and arrange 2-3 flatten tikkis at once.
– Shallow fry them on low heat till golden brown on both the sides.
– Serve hot!!!
– I used a round cookie cutter to get a proper shape on pan. You can use your choice of shape for the same.
Linking this recipe to Guru’s Cooking: