Who doesn’t love chocolates? I wanted to open my pack of cocoa powder for making something, but at first, I thought of using it in mocha only ;) Planned to bake chocolate cake several times, but didn’t do that as well…Here is a recipe of eggless ‘Italian Chocolate Biscotti’ that I tried for the 1st time in my home-bakery!!!
Makes: 7-8 (1 log)
1 cup All-purpose Flour (Maida)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Oil
A pinch of Salt
Water, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a big bowl.
– Add rest of all ingredients in it and mix well.
– Knead a soft dough by adding water gradually into it.
– Prepare a log out of it and arrange it on a lined baking tray.
– Bake it in pre-heated oven on 180° for around 20 mins. Then after, transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool down to room temp.
– Cut the log into slices of your preferred thickness.
– Bake them again in pre-heated oven for 10 more mins.
– Serve with a cuppa tea or coffee!!!
– Once it’s cooled down to room temp, can be kept in air-tight container for a week long.
– Add a fistful of almonds (or your choice of nuts) to add more crunchiness n flavors!Sending this entry to Bake Fest Event, organized by Vardhini & hosted by a dear friend, Rafee :)
Looks Delicious shruti, You nailed it perfectly.
baked to perfection
looks perfect!I am sure they are delicious too…
wowwww chocolate intense :)
delicious biscottis, made it perfect…
so crunchy luking biscotis..
Thank you, galz!!! :)
these look perfect dear… would love to grab a couple of those with coffee for sure!
looks perfect, never say no to biscotti.
Loved your version