Kitchen pantry without potatoes is very much like a necklace without diamonds!!! Hehe… I didn’t find a better clause on comparative degree instantly in mind. Even though I’m not into wearing any sort of accessories n all, I keep bugging my hubby to plan his gift to me at times. So, I’m sure… this one will never go wrong for the ladies :P
Ohhhooo… Went off-track! Coming back to the point… I can’t see my potato basket empty anytime, even if I’m not going to make any dish using it. This time I had only 2 potatoes left, which wasn’t enough to make a subzi or paratha… Thought of trying out a cold potato salad, eliminating high-calorie factors from the original recipe! Boiled potatoes mixed with strained yogurt and mustard sauce… along with chopped coriander was a beauty in itself :) Enjoyed each bite of this dish…
1/2 cup Strained Yogurt
1 tsp Mustard Sauce
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Chopped Onion
1 tsp Chopped Coriander
Red Chilly Powder, to sprinkle
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Parboil potatoes for 5 mins by keeping into a pan of boiling water or microwaving it.
– Drain and rinse with fresh water. Cut them into cubes.
– Mix strained yogurt with rest of all ingredients in a bowl.
– Add potatoes into it and mix everything well.
– Refrigerate for around 1 hour to blend flavors nicely.
– Serve chilled!!!
– I have used strained yogurt here to cut down the calories. You can use mayo or sour cream as well.
– Fresh herbs can be added for more flavors!
Linking this recipe to Guru’s Cooking:
Looks yumy and rich Shruthi
good way to cut down on the richness… looks yum…
Pingback: Aloo Masaledar | Cooking with SJ