Who doesn’t like Strawberry Jam??!!! And if I talk about kids, I’m sure they crave for it anytime and every-time… :P Now let me tell you something very special about this super-yummy “Strawberry Jam / Spread”…
When you get a store-bought jar, it will contain more or less amount of pectin (gelatin, something that helps jams or jellies to set). But this recipe excludes it completely. Simmering crushed strawberries (or any other fruit of your choice) on lowest flame releases its own pectin to make it spreadable and rich in color!!!
Here you go with a recipe of very natural, easy and quick to make – “Strawberry Jam” :)
Makes: 1 cup
2 cups Strawberries
1 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
– Wash and pat-dry all the strawberries.
– Cut them into halves and transfer them to a mixer jar to grind finely.
– Add these ground strawberries (nearly paste-consistency) in a heavy-bottom pan.
– Mix sugar and lemon juice into it and mix well.
– Once it reaches a boiling point, cook it for 2-3 mins on low heat.
– Transfer it to some other bowl and cool it down to room temp.
– Preserve it in a sterilized glass jar!!!
To sterilize a glass jar:
- Wash a glass jar and lid with fresh water and pat-dry it.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and turn it off after pre-heating.
- Place a glass jar up-side down in oven for 4-5 mins.
- Keep a lid in boiling water for 5 mins and dry it with a kitchen towel.