No-time left before serving dinner and still nothing is ready to serve??!!! No problem… Here is a solution for that! Grab a pack of paneer and cook the ‘no-efforts n no-time’ dish using it… :)
Scrambled paneer (cottage-cheese) cooked with tiny-chunks of onions, capsicums, tomatoes and Indian spices is the quickest and easiest North-Indian dish, that can be served as a main, side or breakfast!!! Try out this simple yet spicy recipe of “Paneer Bhurji”!!!
Makes: 2 servings
2 cup Crumbled Paneer (Cottage-Cheese)
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Chopped Green Chillies
1 cup Chopped Onions
1/2 cup Chopped Bell pepper (I used green n red)
1/4 cup Chopped Tomato
2 tbsp Chopped Coriander
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Heat oil in a deep-pan and add cumin seeds.
– Once it starts crackling, add ginger garlic paste and chopped onions. Cook it for around a min till onions are translucent.
– Mix chopped bell pepper and toss the mixture for a while. Keep them crunchy only.
– Add chopped tomato and crumbled paneer into it along with all the spices.
– Mix well and cook it for around a min on medium-high flame.
– Turn off the heat and add chopped coriander and pour lemon juice.
– Toss it gently not to mash paneer crumbs.
– Transfer it to serving bowl and serve with Lachcha Paratha!!!
– Before serving it as a side-dish or breakfast (with toast), sprinkle a pinch of chat masala over it.
– In case if you’re using frozen paneer, thaw it first by keeping it in boiling water or microwave it for a min before using it.
Linking this dish to Javelin Warrior’s Cooking With Love…:
It's so cool that this can be breakfast food! I love the mix of pepper, onion and tomatoes with a paneer and this would definitely be a great way to change up my usual breakfast!