Chinese Fried Rice
Makes: 2 servings
1 cup Basmati Rice
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 cup Chopped Cabbage
1/4 cup Chopped Carrots
1 tbsp Chopped Capsicum
1 tbsp Chopped Spring Onion (Whites)
2 tsp Soya Sauce
2 tsp Sweet Chilly Sauce
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
A pinch of Aji-no-moto (MSG)
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
– Soak basmati rice in plenty of water for half hour.
– Boil water in a big vessel and add 1/4 tsp of salt along with 1 tsp lemon juice. Add soaked rice into it.
– Cook it for around 10 mins till its 85%-90% done.
– Drain and rinse with tap water.
– Heat oil in deep pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites and saute it for a few seconds.
– Turn the heat on high flame and add all chopped vegetables. Mix well.
– Cook it for around 30 sec and add soya sauce, chilly sauce, black pepper powder and aji-no-moto into it.
– Add cooked rice and salt (only if required).
– Toss them on high heat only for a min and transfer it to serving bowl.
– Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve hot!!! :)
– Adding salt and lemon juice while cooking rice retains its pure white color.
– Make sure you don’t overcook all veggies as they should be crunchy in texture.
Fried rice looks yummy, super-inviting and tempting dear :-)
This looks super duper tempting. I have an event going on, come and participate, there are giveaways and awards as well:)
Awesome clicks and all time favorite dish :)
Thanks Harini :) It's my favorite dish too…
Hey thanks.. Will definitely participate!!! :)
Hehe… Thanks dear! Super-inviting is givin me 'WOW' feeling :)
Pingback: Indo-Chinese Sizzler | Cooking with SJ
Pingback: Veggies in Hot Garlic Sauce |
Pingback: Thaali Menu – 8 |