Cookies – Crackers – Biscuits!!! Who doesn’t like them? Specially kids are very much fond of it… Savory biscuits, lightly salted and seasoned with roasted cumin seeds is an all-time favorite snack for everyone :)
Making of “Jeera Biscuits” took me to a nostalgia trip! As a kid, I loved cookies (I’m still loving it though)… Getting cookies/crackers from a local bakery, arranging a dozen of them on a big plate, topping them in many different ways and serving a plate with cuppa tea was something I always loved to do.
But that time, I didn’t know how easy it is to make at home! Get your dough ready in total of 20 mins and plus baking time… And you’ll get your cookie-jar filled with these buttery jeera biscuits :)
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
1 tbsp Chopped Butter (Cut into small pieces)
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
1/4 cup Lukewarm water
– Mix self raising flour, salt and cumin seeds in a mixing bowl.
– Add chopped butter (No melted butter) and mix all together to make crumbles in flour.
– Knead a medium-soft (paratha like) dough using lukewarm water.
– Cover it with a wrap or lid and keep it aside for 15 mins.
– Divide the mixture in 5 big balls and roll out each of them keeping 4-5 mm thick.
– Use your favorite cookie-cutter and cut them nicely.
– Place a parchment paper on baking tray and arrange all the cookies onto it.
– Bake them in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for around 20 mins.
– Take them out and place them on cooling rack. Store it in an air-tight container.
– Self Raising Flour: 1 cup Plain Flour + 1½ tsp Baking Powder + A pinch of Baking Soda
– Best to serve for tea-time munching.
– Can be used as a base appetizer with different toppings on it!
Sending this recipe to Souwmya’s Eggless Baking Event hosted by Zesty South-Indian Kitchen:
Linking this dish to Nandoo’s Kitchen – Nupur’s UK, Rasoi and Me…
Wow! These delicious jeera biscuits remind me of my childhood.. I'm a new blogger… Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/
Hey Nilu… Thanks! Will definitely visit your food-blog :)
wow these are surely addictive… so cute and so perfect… yum yum yummy!!!Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!SowmyaEvent – Flavors of Germany/SavoryEvent – VFAM–Onions