Don’t think that these cute looking dumplings are taking too long to make… It’s just a matter of half hour to make 2-3 dozens of them! If it’s hard to manage half hour, use ready-made wonton wrappers! Freeze them and use when required :)If you are a soup-lover, you definitely will love steamed mushroom dumplings adding WOW factor to your soup! Not only it looks beautiful, it smells so superb that you can’t resist yourself adding more n more in the bowl :P
4 Button Mushrooms
1/2 cup Crumbled Paneer
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Flakes
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Olive Oil
Ready Wonton Wrappers or Dough for Eggless version (ingredients below)–
1 cup All-purpose Flour (maida)
2 tsp Oil
Salt, to taste
Lukewarm Water, as required
– Mix all purpose flour and salt in a mixing bowl and add cooking oil.
– Knead a soft dough using lukewarm water and keep kneading with oil for 2-3 mins.
– Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 15-20 mins.
– Wash and remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop them.
– Heat olive oil in a sauce-pan and add mushrooms, paneer, oregano, chilly flakes and salt. Mix well and cook it for around a min.
– Transfer it to another bowl and cool it down to room temp.
– Divide the mixture in 4 equal balls and roll out each of them as thin as possible (8-9″ diameter).
– Take one on a flat surface and cut the sides of it to make a square shape. Cut further into 4 pieces and follow the same process for all 4 balls.
– Take one square sheet and put 1/2 tsp mixture onto it. Fold it as shown here:
– Dumplings are ready!
KEY TO USE:
– This dumplings can be used with classic soups. Boil them in salted water and add in soup bowls OR add them when your soup is almost ready (before 3-4 mins). When it starts floating on top, it’s completely cooked!
– I baked these dumplings in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for around 25-30 mins. Enjoy it as a snack!!!
– To freeze dumplings– Arrange them in freezer with no-overlapping for an hour. Then after you transfer them in your storage box and keep in freezer. Use when required!