Sindhi Aloo Tikki
I always like bugging people around… But the best is when I keep asking about their secret recipes! I didn’t much try my hands on Sindhi Cuisine before. But since I got to taste ‘Sindhi Kadhi’ from one of my aunty’s neighbour (I’m always available if it’s about tasting :P), I thought of trying few more of her traditional recipes!
Here is something that you will definitely love as an appetizer… “Stuffed Aloo Tikki”, Sindhi Style :)
4-5 Boiled Potatoes (big)
2 tsp Cornflour
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
A pinch of Turmeric Powder
Oil, to shallow-fry
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup Chana Dal
1/4 cup Grated Paneer
1 tsp Dried Anardana (Pomegranate seeds)
1/2 tsp Ginger-Green Chillies paste
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Amchur
2-3 tsp Chopped Coriander leaves
2 tsp Cooking oil
Salt, to taste
– Soak chana dal in water for around an hour. Pressure-cook it for 3 whistles and keep aside.
– Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds, hing. Once it crackles, add ginger-green chillies paste and saute well.
– Add boiled chana dal along with grated paneer and all spices.
– Mix well and cook for around 3-4 mins. Transfer it to some bowl and cool it down to room temp.
– Take all the ingredients of outer layer in a bowl and mash them well.
– Divide the mixture as well as stuffing into 10 balls.
– Take one and spread it on palm to make puri size. Put a stuffing ball inside and cover it with potato mixture from all the sides.
– Make a smooth ball and flatten it to give a tikki shape.
– Heat some oil in flat-pan and shallow fry tikkis till crisp and golden-brown on both sides.
– Serve hot!!!
– Can be served as an appetizer with Green Chutney…
– Great if it’s a part of “Chhole Chaat”!Sending it to Akila’s Kitchen and Pari’s Event @ Nivedhanam:
ahh!!! that is soooo yummy!! perfect snack!! would love to have a few right now!! Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!SowmyaEvent – Authentic Indian Sweets w giveawayEvent – Flavors of Germany/SavoryEvent – VFAM–Onions
Pingback: Chhole Tikki | Cooking with SJ