Not liking Beetroot??!!! No worries… I’ve got a great option for you to include this powerful antioxidant in your food. I had a can of beetroot sitting idle in my freeze for a few days, so thought to try making something pinky in my kitchen… Yet, my intention was to keep the taste of beetroot over-powering in anything I make.
You might make faces if you’re not a beetroot-fan, I’m sure… but believe me, pink beetroot stains on apron are worth-to-have if you’re trying this yummy ‘n’ healthy appetizer!!! :)
1 Beetroot (medium)
2 Boiled Potatoes
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
1 tsp Gram Flour (besan)
1 tsp Cashewnut powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry
– Peel the beetroot skin and parboil them for 3-4 mins. Drain water and roughly cut it into pieces.
– Grind them coarsely in a mixture jar (with no water) and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
– Add all the other ingredients and mash them well.
– Heat some oil in flat-pan and shallow fry tikkis till crispy outside.
– Serve hot paired up with yogurt dip!!!
– Cut into slices and parboil them for 2-3 mins. Sprinkle a little salt n pepper and enjoy as a salad!
– Try a “Beetroot Shorba” before meal… (Recipe will be posted soon)
– Roughly chop and grind along with carrots, add a pinch of chat masala and a glass of fresh juice is ready :)
– Add a little of beetroot paste in strained yogurt and dip is ready to be served with bread slices!
Sending it to Pallavi’s space and Vardhini’s page for:
Oh I love this!! I love to make food in “patty format” ;-) These look really delicious and the ingredients sound very good! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could discover yours – love all the exotic recipes, will come back for more inspiration! Thank you! Sylvia
I love finding stuff like this online, even if I can’t find the ingredients locally. I’ll have to imagine what it tastes like!
This is very interesting and I may add that this is one I need to try!
Beets are really popular boiled but I have never tried them this way before. I’m curious to find out what beetroot tikki tastes like!
Marielle, that’s basically a healthy appetizer which possibly will make you like beetroot :D