A popular Indo-Chinese dish!!! “Hakka Noodles” is a dish that definitely has retained its place in menu of almost any restaurant in India :) Colorful veggies stir-fried with noodles and that too garlicky in flavor… Sounds yummy!!!
1 pack Noodles
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
3 Spring Onion (whites)
1/4 Capsicum (medium)
1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
1 tbsp Soya Sauce
2 tsp Sweet Chilly Sauce
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
1/4 tsp Chinese 5-spice
1/4 cup Spring onion (greens)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour + 3 tsp water
– Boil water after adding 1/2 tsp of salt into it. Add noodles at boiling point.
– Drain and rinse with cold water when it’s 80-85% done. Apply a few drops of oil to avoid sticking.
– Cut carrot, spring onion whites and capsicum in juliens.
– Heat oil in wok, add ginger-garlic paste and saute it for a while.
– Add all the veggies (except spring onion greens) at once and stir-fry for 1-2 mins.
– Keep tossing them and make sure it retains crunchiness.
– Add noodles, soya sauce, sweet chilly sauce, pepper powder, 5-spice and salt.
– Make a slurry by adding cornflour in water and add it to wok.
– Toss everything well and turn off the heat.
– Sprinkle spring onion greens over it and serve hot.
– I avoid using ‘aji no moto (MSG)’ which definitely enhance the flavors of any chinese dish. You can add a pinch of it!
– Be cautious while adding salt as most varities of soya sauce are salty…
– Optionally, you can add mung sprouts while stir-frying veggies!!!
– Get a pack of wheat based noodles to make it healthier :)