“Sooji ka Halwa” (Satyanarayan Sheero) is one of my mumma’s very special dish! On the other side, I’m not-into-sweets person, so I never cared to learn it from her… :( And look at the destiny! My hubby just loves sweets & desserts!!!
During my stay at in-laws, my mother-in-law used to make it often… She never bothered me about it as everyone knew tat I stay away from sweets! But I bugged her at times n she kept explaining it step-by-step to me :) Finally… I follow each of her tips while making this super-duper sweet n I make sure to bring my mumma’s taste into it :P
Thanks to mummy n mumma both!!!
Makes: 2 servings
1 cup sooji
2 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup cashews
1 cup lukewarm milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
– Heat ghee in deep kadai. Once it melts completely, saute cashews (cut into halves) till its golden in color. Take them out and keep aside.
– Add sooji in kadai and roast it till light brown color. It will release the finest aroma at the same time.
– Add cashews, cardamom powder and sugar into it and mix well.
– Pour milk gradually, stirring it continuously to avoid lumps.
– Cook the mixture for few mins. Once its paste-like consistency, it will leave the sides of the pan.
– Turn off gas and “Sooji Halwa” is ready!
– Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot… :)