Active dry yeast
– Dissolve dry yeast and sugar in lukewarm water and keep aside for 10 mins.
– Add maida and salt in this mixture and knead the dough for 10 minutes. Add olive oil and knead more for few mins.
– Cover it lightly and and place in a warm area to rise. Then after, knead for 5 minutes more.
– Roll out the balls out of dough in thick chapatis.
– Place it on tawa and roast it on both the sides till slightly brown in color.
– Roast again on tawa with a drop of oil before serving.
Chopped spring onions
Chopped coriander leaves
Red chilli powder
Oil to fry
– Take boiled chickpeas, garlic and spring onions with greens and grind without adding any water in mixer.
– Add rest of all ingredients and mix well.
– Heat oil in a kadai. Shape the mixture into balls and flatten it. Deep fry on medium heat till golden in color.
– Drain on absorbent paper.
– Take a half of pita bread. Arrange mayo or sour cream, diced/sliced tomato-cucumber and falafel into it.
– Serve hot.