Didn’t get to talk to my brother-in-law (NG) for more than a month now… Actually, since he left India for further studies n then was settling down in new culture, surroundings n studies! We heard about him from time-to-time via family members, but couldn’t connect to him directly… N when we thought of it, every time we were troubled with different timezone.
It was a sunny sunday morning. Without much pondering on time difference, we called him up on viber… N bingo! I talked to him on the right time… He was making ‘Moong Dal’ for dinner :) I couldn’t stop laughing when he said there is no ‘tuver dal’ left in pantry so trying out this one today ;) Someone who has never tried cooking for all these years has learnt to make a few subzis, dal n roti by his own!!! It’s great to know that he’s absolutely fine with his experiments, potluck parties n other’s treats…
We conversed a little about the ingredients he gets easily from near by stores. Even though having a small list of ingredients, he always looks forward to have something that’s quick and easy to cook after a long tiring day at university! I instantly decided to start a series specially to help him out a little… Can’t parcel these dishes, but can definitely help him cook variety of food until he finds his better-half (years to go yet) ;)
- Wheat Flour
- Basic Spices
RULES OF THE EVENT:
- You must add a link to this announcement page in your recipe. Usage of logo is mandatory as it helps spread a word.
- Only recipes with ingredients listed above is valid. Also, it should be quick and easy for students/bachelors to cook.
- Dishes can range from appetizers, soups, salads, mains, sides… Everything except desserts! If you’ve got some sweet entries, link up with Sweet Celebration with a giveaway.
- One must like my facebook page and subscribe me via email for valid entries.
- Any number of fresh entries are welcome. Max 3 archived entries are allowed.
- Non-Bloggers may send their entries on firstname.lastname@example.org with contestant name, recipe name, cooking time, ingredients, method and picture of the dish.
Start linking your entries for ‘Bachelor Cooking’ series…
Drop a comment to this post once you link your recipes which will help me verify them.