Mexican Burrito Bowl ~ 600th post
Nothing makes me happier than a bowl full of food! Well, I can eat anything n everything out of a plate too… but it’s very comforting to serve bowl for a meal! I have my own reasons for it…
– I can take one and settle myself on couch, watching tv while eating.
– Easy to serve (or dump everything in one bowl)
– Super easy to clean in case if you’re not planning to use dish washer ;)
Funny I’m… right? But all what I said is 110% dil se :D I absolutely love dinners like dal-baati, ragda-patties, samosa chat etc. due to the same reasons! And here is a mexican burrito bowl too ;)
Why I thought to make it… My dear friend Khyati had posted her burrito bowl a few days back and of course, that only tempted me to go ahead with this! Now… this might not be an authentic version for sure but it’s super-delicious for a lazy weekend dinner!!!
1/2 cup Arborio Rice
1/2 cup Black Beans (pressure-cooked)
2 cloves Garlic
2-3 tbsp Tomato Paste
3-4 tbsp Olive Oil (or as needed)
1/2 cup Boiled Corn
1 Avocado (cut into cubes or in form of guacamole)
1/4 Onion, finely chopped
1/2 Tomato, finely chopped
Olives (I had black and green both)
Lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
Corn Chips, to serve
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cook arborio rice quite like how we cook any other rice. Rinse to remove extra starch and then toss it quickly in olive oil or butter with salt and herbs.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and add chopped garlic, tomato paste, salt and seasoning into it. Cook it for a min and add black beans to it. Quickly toss and keep aside.
- Mix corn, onions, tomatoes and add lemon juice with taco seasoning to it.
- Serve it all together with lettuce, olives in a bowl.
- Put a dollop of sour cream on top for creaminess, some avocado cubes and corn chips for crunch.
- I used arborio rice for a change. You can go ahead with any long grain/brown rice of your choice.
- Again, instead of sour cream… I used low fat yogurt with tobasco sauce in it and drizzled it over the bowl :)