Carrot-Broccoli Stuffed Paratha
I know… I know…
Ever since my dear friend Tanu called me ‘Paratha Queen’, I haven’t posted any :P But recently while exploring this space through recipe-index, had a glimpse of all stuffed parathas I have posted before… And that temptation :) It made me try a new stuffing again…
Well, there is another reason as well.. Didn’t I tell you about my local foodie group? We (admins) thought of running a weekly series theme based) on that group and I thought I should contribute on the 1st day itself… ;)
So, considering both the situations, I decided to use those “Idle” sitting carrots and broccoli head for a new creation! And see… this is what I did! Ohhh yes… I served it with masoor dal tadka, yogurt and pickle! And it was one of the best stuffed parathas I have made (and had).
1 Broccoli Head, medium
1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Amchoor
1/2 tsp Chilly Powder
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups Wheat Flour
Salt, to taste
2-3 tsp Oil
water, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix flour, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Add water gradually as needed and knead a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for minimum half hour.
- Wash and trim broccoli and carrots. Grate both of those in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and add grated mixture along with all the spices.
- Cook it uncovered for a couple of mins.
- Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Divide the dough and stuffing both into 10-12 equal portions.
- Roll a dough ball and put one portion of stuffing in center. Cover like how we do for kachori and roll it out again.
- Use wheat flour as dusting to roll out smoothly.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame and roast these parathas using ghee (be generous with it for richer version).
- Serve hot!!!
Adjust the spice amount to your taste. I prefer mild to medium.