Long time back, I added Naan crust for pizza in the soon-to-try list… and somehow, I didn’t get a chance (or I kept forgetting) to try it out in-house! Even when I received a beautiful hamper from MissionFoods, I had planned to make these pizzas… as there were 4 packets of Naan (2 with Garlic flavor and 2 with plain ones, 4 nos. in each pack)!!! And we had those with curries & pickles & dal and what not!!!!
Recently when I bought a pack of it from super-market, I couldn’t wait to grill some pizzas ;) I used all my favorite vegetables with loads of stuffed olives… One thing I would like to point out, pizza crust will not be as crisp as you get in regular ones… but it’s definitely a super-yum variation of authentic Pizza!!!
A few more combination of such pizzas are in my mind now… and will try those out soon!!! Till then, you enjoy reading this recipe…
4 Naan Bread
1/2 Zucchini, diced
3-4 Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
A couple of olives, sliced
1 Tomato, small one diced
1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 cup Pizza Sauce
1 cup Pizza Cheese
Oregano (or Italian Herbs Mix)
Salt, to taste
Rocket Leaves, for crunchiness (optional)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add mushrooms, bell pepper and zucchini into it.
- Cook it on high heat for 2-3 mins or until lightly tender.
- Heat a pan and roast naan on both the sides for a min or so.
- Spread generous amount of pizza sauce on each one.
- Put cooked veggie mix, tomatoes and onions over it.
- Spread pizza cheese, sprinkle salt & spices to your taste.
- Grill those in the griller until you see all cheese melted and lightly browned on top.
- Cut into pieces, top with some rocket leaves and it’s ready to eat!!!
- I used store-bought naan breads and that worked wonderfully!!! You can plan making your own too :)
- Choose your favorite seasonal veggies!!!