Roasted Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes
Woke up at 7 am… Had a cuppa tea with steaming hot dhokla… Bugged KG with a few random things… Didn’t get to see my TV series at brekkie time today… Checked my fb profile… Received a lovely msg of appreciation from a couple following my blog… Checked my mailbox… Nothing other than a few advertising flyers… Chatted with buddies on whatsapp… Completed frosting & decorating 2 cakes for today…
Referred a few blog updates… Dropped a msg to mum for a quick recipe… Well, not the best yet a good start of the day!!!
What next…? I’m sure the list of pending tasks won’t let me think of options for killing my time today :P
- Kitchen is a bit messy right now… Have to put away cutters, colors, leftover sugar elements… Have to give my sugar work tools a good warm water bath… Rest of the things are in place :)
- Have to go through the list of elements for next weekend orders… but that won’t take too long!
- Need to load a good playlist on my phone to keep my mood on track… Arijit Singh one will do ;)
- Need to change flavors of my drink dispensers… Thinking of going a bit fruity today!
- Have to water a few plants and put them out for sunshine…
- Have to catch up with my bestie over a viber call. Will make sure I don’t miss doing that before weekend chaos starts.
- And planning the dinner… Huh!!! The biggest task on my ‘to-do’ list for the day! I’m sure it will be evening by the time I finalize something :P
Such a random post, isn’t it??? :P Sometimes penning down these random things make me very happy!!!
This is what I made yesterday for lunch… Baked potatoes and sweet potatoes with Italian herbs and drizzles of a quick dressing :) Here you go with the recipe…
3-4 Baby Potatoes, thinly sliced
2 Sweet Potatoes, thinly sliced
Olive Oil (I used spray only)
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Italian Herbs Mix
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Mustard Sauce
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees for around 10 mins.
- Arrange potatoes and sweet potatoes in a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle salt and herbs mix over it.
- Bake it in the oven for around 30-35 mins or until they’re a bit tender and crisp on edges.
- Mix lemon juice and mustard sauce together.
- Transfer the baked stuff to a plate and drizzle the dressing over it.
- Serve it warm!!!
A foodie friend Suma shared a pic of her version, a few days back! She added tandoori spices and I didn’t have it on hand so tried a different version :) Thank you Suma for a lovely idea…