Frekkeh & Lentils Salad
Time flies… naa? I’m still not believing that july is coming to an end… Had been talking with family about their visit all the time and now countdown started… Just a month to go and I’ll have them here :) Yes, they are coming and I can’t wait to experiment my traditional, fusion and international dishes on them ;) Of course… they’ll love it! Or I’ll make them love it… haha!!! And they’ll love my soups n salads for sure <3
But only time that’s not flying these days is this season… I’m waiting for this terrible winter to get over… :( Although I love winters, I have a special reason to hate it this time. All my little plants in backyard are dying… including my favorite tulsi! :( I can’t step out to click pictures… :(
Talking about this season, it makes me opt for shortcuts! I don’t feel like getting up from cozy couch and cook something like full meals… I recently thought of starting healthy food challenge… and here I’m with a new salad bowl ;) I (we) absolutely loved it…
1/2 cup Freekeh & Lentils Mix (I used McKenzie’s one)
1/5 cups Water
1/4 cup Chickpeas & Cannelini Beans, boiled or canned (I added extra)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Olive Oil
Black Pepper Powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take frekkeh-lentils mix and water in a sauce pan and boil for a few mins.
- Turn off the heat and cover with a lid so it gets soft and tender.
- Drain excess water and let it cool down for a while.
- Mix rest of all ingredients together and mix well.
- Add frekkeh mix and toss it gently.
- Season well and serve warm or chilled!!!
- You can add finely chopped green chillies for a spicy kick.
- Also, some parmesan can be added for richness!!!
I love the look of this salad – so filling and healthy.