Review: Roasted Vegetables & Quinoa Soup
How do you react when you receive a parcel in the post??!!! I was doing a happy-dance outdoors when I saw one for me <3 Recently, I received a big hamper from McKenzie’s with their range of products for me try and review :) And you know, how I love experimenting with food…
Ideally, I was supposed to explore gluten-free baking options but then I started with savory first! Took up the 1st pack of soup and added a magic element into it :) As you already know, how I love garlic! And I must say, it took the soup to a new level…
Well, I didn’t have to do much to have this soup… Just opened the pack, microwaved for sometime and bangggg! It was ready to have… So much in love with the flavors, quite restaurant style rich n delicious soup :) I highly recommend this soupy bowl to you all… And yes, in case if you don’t get this product where you stay… Here is a quick recipe for you to try ;) But for me, it’s a boon in this cold, windy season :) Thank you, McKenzie’s!!!
My Rating: 4.5/5 (and 5/5 with my garlic twist) ;)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Quinoa
2 cups Mixed Veggies (carrots, onions, tomatoes, pumpkin etc.)
2 cups Vegetable Stock
1 tsp Garlic, minced
2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash, trim and roughly dice-cut the vegetables and arrange them on a lined baking tray.
- Oil-spray them and roast in oven on 180-200 degrees for 30 mins or until quite tender.
- Cool them down a bit and grind them to make a smooth puree.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add minced garlic.
- Saute for a while and add quinoa along with vegetable stock and cook it covered for 20 mins or until soft and perfectly cooked.
- Add roasted vegetable puree and spices.
- Mix everything well and simmer it for 10-15 mins more.
- Serve the soup in bowls and then in a small pan, heat 1 tsp Olive oil and saute sliced garlic until lightly brown (or slightly on burnt side).
- Pour this tempering on top of this soup, sprinkle some chilly flakes and it’s ready to serve!!!
All what I had to do was… follow the last 2 steps ;)