I’m never into sweets! In fact, I stay away from it most of the times… No matter how many cakes I bake in a week, I can’t handle anything sweet… more than a bit or spoon!!! But there are few things very close to my heart… and probably all those are traditional Indian type ;) I love GulabJamun, Peda, Sooji Halwa and yes… Sweet Vermicelli, which is also know as Meethi Seviyan!
My mum might have tried number of times to make me taste a spoonful at least… But nope, mein to mein hoon! I started liking it when I moved here. As I have said many times before that my hubby loves sweets… Any kind of sweets. And so while trying varieties for him, I started loving a few :P It’s a quick, simple, min ingredients dessert and of course, suits the festive season too :)
1/2 cup Vermicelli
1 tbsp Ghee
1/4 cup Sugar (a bit more or less to suit your tastebuds)
1 cup Water
A pinch of Cardamom Powder
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat Ghee in a heavy-bottomed kadai and add nuts into it.
- Saute for a while until it starts changing color and take them out.
- Keep aside and once cooled down a bit, chop or thinly slice those to use later.
- In the same kadai, add vermicelli and stir-fry it until golden brown in color (approx 2-3 mins).
- Add water, salt, sugar and cardamom powder into it and mix well.
- Cook it covered for around 8-9 mins. Make sure water is absorbed but it’s not getting dry.
- Add chopped nuts and toss gently.
- Serve it warm :)