A few ingredients make me happy! For example, Mushrooms <3 Give me mushrooms paired up with any ingredient and I’ll gobble up all!!! Weekend breakfast or brunch never goes without it… And even on weekdays, I love adding it to curries, rice dishes, patties etc. Now you only say, isn’t it so versatile?
Sometime back, a foodie-buddy Nidhi made these puffs! Ohh yes, she made a batch for India vs. South Africa match… What if I wasn’t going to go stadium? I also baked a small batch for two of us ;) The combination of ingredients worked too good… Mushrooms, Olives, Paneer and Capsicum!!! “Win-Win” it was. Yes, India won and these puffs too ;) Here you go with her ingredients with my Indian spices-addition…
1 Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
4 Button Mushrooms
1/4 cup Paneer, finely diced
2 tbsp Capsicum, chopped or diced
4-5 Olives, sliced (I used Pimento stuffed green ones)
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
A pinch of Garam Masala
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat olive oil and add mushrooms, paneer and capsicum into it.
- Saute for a few seconds and add olives.
- Mix well, turn off the heat after a min in total.
- Let the mixture cool down completely and then divide it into 4 equal portions.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 equal squares.
- Put a portion on each one and fold to make rectangle or triangle (your choice).
- Seal it from sides and double-seal using the fork.
- Bake them in pre-heated oven on 200 degrees for 20-22 mins or until golden brown and crispy!!!