Quick Corn Chaat
I keep forgetting what all I have in my fridge! Sometimes I totally miss to check on the veggie box and I’ll get a thing or 2 straight to the bin :( Looks like I’ve to start making a checklist once I’m back from super-market!!! Couple of days back, I had bought 4 corn on the cobs from local super market and as always, couldn’t recall those for 3-4 days. Good that I had a quick look in fridge while planning some evening snack… And yes, I got these corn <3
Weather here is cold and windy these days! And drizzling every now n then… I feel it’s just the India matches when temp goes a bit high :P Anyways, I took those out and used my corn scraper and worked well on it ;) Now you also know… how good it feels to have a quick tangy-spicy chaat dish on a gloomy-rainy day!!! I made these bowls… and hubby added lots of grated cheese on top! Blisssssss…
2 cups Corn
1/2 Tomato, chopped
2 tbsp Cucumber, chopped
2 tbsp Red Onions, chopped
1-2 tsp Raw Mango, chopped
2-3 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Kashmiri Chilly Powder (or less amount of regular chilly powder)
Chat masala, to sprinkle
Coriander/Mint Leaves, chopped
Cheeseeeeeeeeeeeeee (completely optional)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Boil corn with a tsp of salt and drain excess water.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add rest of all the ingredients.
- Toss it well and top with grated cheese.
- Serve warm!!!
- You can use finely chopped green chillies to get a spicy kick!
- Also, you can toss everything in butter or top with a dollop of it before serving. I avoided as I had cheese in my bowl!