Layered Mango Mousse
I’m not a big-fan of Mangoes… Yes, you’re reading it right! I can’t have Aam-Ras more than a spoon or 2, I love diced mango though. Yet I make a big bowl full of Aam-Ras, of course for him… He loves it like anything! Well, we’re not one of those to buy a full box of mangoes in season. We buy max 2-3 at times… Maximum I said!!! And sometimes, I totally forget it lying in my fridge for a few days :P And I hate wrinkled ones.
I took out of one left-alone mango yesterday… Peeled it, diced it and kept the bowl back in fridge. While working on a cake order, I made some extra ganache to use it later for a cake/cupcake that I planned baking for us! Again, frosting of that cake got me some extra vanilla flavored whipped cream too… All what I needed was some inspiration only!!! :P Finally, while doing dishes I
saw 2 little glasses on shelf… And bang!!!
Opened a sachet of Agar Powder, pureed those mango cubes and shaved some dark chocolate :P Here you go with details of what I did ;)
Makes: 3-4 servings
200 gm Whipping Cream
3/4 cup Mango Puree
3-4 tbsp Caster sugar
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Ganache
1.5 tsp Agar Powder
2 tbsp Water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Shaved Dark Chocolate
Sugar Sprinkles (optional)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix water and agar powder in a small bowl and microwave for a min. Once it gets dissolved completely, cool it down a bit.
- Take whipping cream and caster sugar in a bowl and whip it until soft peak forms.
- Divide it in 2 portions (3:1). Add vanilla extract, 1/2 of agar mix to bigger portion and fold it well.
- Add mango puree to the other portion along with remaining agar mix and whip it well. Keep it in refrigerator until used.
- Make a layer of vanilla mix in glasses and put it in fridge for 30 mins.
- Take it out and make a layer of mango mix onto it. Again keep that in fridge until sets a bit.
- After around 30 mins, pour a layer of chocolate ganache on it and add some chocolate flakes.
- Garnish with sugar sprinkles and put it back in fridge to set.
- Allow it to set completely for 2 hours or so.
- Serve chilled!!!
- Agar doesn’t need to be set in fridge unlike gelatin. But I prefer to keep it that way just ‘coz of creamy mousse.
- I have used agar powder here but those who prefer gelatin can skip the microwave step and go ahead!!!
A big fan of mangoes here :-) Love this one SJ. Looks stunning and I am sure it tastes heavenly too
I am not a mango person either, but I do try have one every couple of days during its season, coz of its health benefits! :) Pudding looks great.