Am I getting lazier everyday??!!! I certainly feel that at times… :P Looks like I don’t miss a single day when I can simply lay on the couch for long hours with a cuppa tea and a cookie-box! Doesn’t matter what all I do along with munching those cookies and sipping on my ginger tea… Watching movies back to back OR shouting n screaming on tennis match OR YouTube zindabaad!!! ;) I love a few store-bought cookies but then if it’s a pre-planned laziness, I bake my cookies in advance…
How I love to wear a white apron (with a masterchef icon on it), line up the ingredients on kitchen top, sift flour with rising agent, mix-whisk n all… <3 Do I follow the cleanup process immediately after putting a tray in the oven?? Naaahhhh… I go back to couch and wait until I get my cookies on cooling tray :P Lazy me… Right??!!!
Thank God… I made these ‘Cashewnut Cookies’ right before the tennis semi-finals starts… ;) I kept on munching it when it started… And my favorite player won so I decided a take-away for dinner!!! Beautiful day… wasn’t it? :P
1 cup Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Cashews, unsalted
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp Salt (as per your taste)
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/4 cup Butter, at room temp
1/4 cup Oil
2 tbsp Milk
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Grind 3/4 cup of cashews in fine powder. Make sure cashews are at room temp before grinding else the texture will not be as perfect as cashew meal.
- Sift plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom powder and cashew meal together in a bowl.
- Add butter into it and mix well until it forms crumble-like texture.
- Mix rest of all the ingredients and knead a dough, which will be sticky and soft.
- Make a smooth ball of dough and cover with a cling wrap. Put it in refrigerator for half hour.
- Take it out and knead once quickly.
- Divide it into equal lime sized balls and arrange them on a baking tray. Flatten a bit on top using your fingers or fork.
- Put a few bits of cashews on top of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 mins or until it gets slightly golden on top (and crisp)
- Cool it down on a cooling tray before storing it in air-tight container!!!