Perfectly Poached Egg
Too long and I haven’t visited Sunday Morning Market!!! :( Sunday brings too much laziness for people n too much work for me. Since 5:30 or 6 in the morning, I start working on cake decorating… And that ends afternoon time or sometimes straight at night only!
Anyways… Not at all complaining! But those carefree strolls were fun… The place we used to live before was very much happening… Too many cafes, restaurants, local super markets, fresh food market and lots more!!! And for me, that sunday morning market was a highlight ;) I enjoyed my visits there and the 1st time we went there, I got a couple of props for my kitchen and a few cookbooks. I remember, there was a cafe nearby so we stopped there & had a wonderful breakfast…
“Sunday without Eggs” Naaah… Never!!! I can’t imagine my weekend to start without eggs… if not in breakfast, I’ll have it in brunch or lunch or at least on dinner plate :P We ordered 2 plates full of our favorite stuff… and gulped down all in a while, along with forever favorite ‘Chai Latte’ ;) And what all was on that plate…
Poached eggs on toast, sauteed mushrooms, salad greens, sliced avocado and tomato wedges!!! Dil garden garden… ;)
Last weekend, I was in good mood to make a lovely platter and thought of something similar… Replaced avocado with pimento stuffed olives though! I hardly prefer poached one but loved the runny yolk that day and couldn’t wait to dig in…
1 tbsp White Vinegar
1 ltr Water
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Combine water-vinegar in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and create a whirlpool in the pot using a stick or spoon/fork.
- Crack an egg in a small bowl and carefully slide it into simmering water.
- Let it get poached for 3 mins or until whites are set (but yolk is still soft & runny).
- Using slotted spoon, take it out and place it on top of toast.
- Sprinkle salt & dried herbs/black pepper before serving!