Being a baker, I’m a fan of all sort of berries… I can have them all, no matter if it’s a bowl of blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry or gooseberry :P But one that I love the most is strawberries. Not only that it tastes so sweet & juicy, it looks gorgeous… no???
Last year, I had a pleasure to pick them from farms… and yes, I got 2 boxes full of these beauties ;) Yet some time to go for summer so I keep myself pleased with supermarket ones. And recently, I found them on a good deal so got one big pack… The next day, hubby went to the another supermarket for some reason and he too got a pack of strawberries :P Well, I never can get enough of it so there was no question of freezing them! I ate a few straight from the box, a few I had with chocolate sauce and rest of all I used for milkshakes & smoothies :P
I wasn’t too much into baking mood so postponed the plan of baking a cake or cheesecake! Agar powder wasn’t handy so couldn’t make panna cotta or mousse too…And, all what I made was this chilled filling beverage on a sunny day. Quite simple, isn’t it? Do you make it the same way???
8-10 Fresh Strawberries
1.5 cups Full Cream Milk (or yogurt)
2-3 tbsp White Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and roughly dice strawberries.
- In a mixer jar, add all these ingredients and blend it well.
- Pour in 2 tall glasses and garnish with whole strawberry.
- Serve chilled!
- Optionally, you can add 1 scoop of vanilla/strawberry ice-cream on top and that will be a milkshake.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.