It hardly happens that I have leftover roti or paratha to use next day! But when I have it, I definitely make either crispy masala rotis or this dish called ‘Kothu Paratha’ :) It was my experiment based on the video I watched on youtube channel :P And yes, it worked!
I absolutely loved the taste, texture and flavor! And isn’t it a great idea to make this hot, spicy and yummy dish out of leftovers??!!! Well, I can make fresh parathas to cook this for a quick lunch or evening snack :) Try this out..
4 Leftover Paratha
1 tbsp Oil
1/2 cup Tomato Puree
1/2 cup Onions, chopped
2 tbsp Capsicum, chopped
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once it crackles, add ginger-garlic paste along with chopped onions into it.
- Saute it for a min and add tomato puree, capsicum and all the spices.
- Mix everything well and cook it for 3-4 mins or until it starts getting thick.
- Tear paratha roughly into small pieces and add into the pan.
- Coat them well with gravy and cook for 2 mins more.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle lemon juice over it.
- Mix well and serve hot!
You can use green chillies if you want a spicy kick.