Black-eyed Beans Soup
I feel like baking & making a ‘Frozen Theme’ cake these days! It’s too cold, not-at-all sunny and irritating-rainy weather outside… And thinking of stepping out for a walk is not possible where I can’t even feel like getting out of the comforter :P
Well, soups work great these days! And if that too comes with protein, what else do I need more? :) I never tried using black-eyed beans (chola) in anything other than making a curry to have with a plate of steamed rice. But this, I must say, is a keeper recipe for sure!!!
Makes: 2 servings
1/2 cup Black-eyed Beans
3 cups Vegetable Stock
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1/2 Brown Onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp Capsicum, chopped
2 tbsp Corn, boiled
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and soak beans in bowl of water overnight and pressure-cook for 2 whistles.
- Heat olive oil in a deep soup pan and add chopepd garlic, onoins into it.
- Saute for a while and add chopped capsicum and corn along with salt and cumin powder in pan.
- Cook for a min and pour in vegetable stock. Stir well.
- Add partially cooked beans, pepper powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well and cover it with a lid. Let it simmer for half hour or so.
- Ladle into serving bowls and drizzle a few drops of EVOO on top!
You can add carrots, beans and celery sticks to enhance the flavor :)