Do you like pot-pies? In breakfast or brunch??!!! I love them… Cute, adorable, tiny pots filled with fragrant, hot stuff inside! I actually wanted to make a short-crust pastry by myself to cover these small ramekins I used. But it was too early to do that much hard work and more, hubby was waiting to get brunch ready.
A few weeks back, he was suffering from severe cough-cold-fever and I wanted him to have something hot and steaming in these cold days of winter. Usually, it’s about Egg-Bread combo on weekends but as I said, wanted to bring a change which can make his tastebuds work even when he wasn’t in good mood :) Took out my white ramekins, added veggie-egg mixture inside and covered on top… And this is how they looked!!!
1/2 Shortcrust Pastry, partially thawed
5-6 Button Mushrooms, sliced
1 Potato, parboiled and chopped
1/4 cup Tomato Puree
2 tbsp Chopped Capsicum
1/2 Carrot, chopped
Some Peas & Corn (optional)
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Dried Italian Herbs
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Flakes
2 tsp Olive Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute mushrooms, potatoes, capsicums, peas, corn for a while.
- Add tomato puree along with seasonings and mix it well.
- Cook for 2 mins and transfer them to greased ramekins.
- Break an egg in each pot, cover them with shortcrust pastry and lightly seal the sides. Cut an excess pastry from sides if required.
- Bake them in pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins on 200 degrees.
- Serve hot with toast & butter.
Use your favorite vegetables here! And add your seasoning i.e. taco seasoning, fresh herbs, tandoori masala ;)