Built-in Gobhi Paratha
Love stuffed parathas? But tired of rolling process??!!! :P Same pinch… I actually love all sort of parathas but I’m a bit lazy to make them. I already had them in ‘Ready-to-Eat’ plate, prepared by mum… Of course, I make it often but many times I try finding some shortcuts too :)
I have so many memories attached to my ‘Gobhi Paratha’ & ‘Cabbage Paratha’ but memories fade over the time… Yet I have saved my liking for the most wonderful gobhi ke parathe!!! And this I tried when I was too tired to roll parathas and then stuff them with mixture and again roll them out!!! Ewww… Go simple this time. Mix in everything while kneading the dough and they are ready to roast ;)
2 cups Wheat Flour
2-3 tbsp Yogurt
1 cup Cauliflower, minced
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Oil + to pan-roast
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Knead a soft dough by adding water as required. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for half hour.
- Divide it in 10-12 equal sized balls and roll them out around 7″ in diameter.
- Heat a flat-griddle and roast this paratha using oil (or ghee) on both the sides until you find golden-brown spots.
- Serve these Gobhi Parathas with pickle or butter.
- You can also make stuffing and make stuffed parathas. Just knead a simple dough and rest of all ingredients go in stuffing mixture.
- Squeeze water out of it completely to avoid paratha getting soggy.
Absolutely love the built in paranthas :)
Absolutely love the name Haha.. It’s a great idea..!
Thank you, Radhika! My IT career works here too :P
For a change the square shaped gobh parathas are looking very nice..
Very true! We need to bring some change in shape n texture too to make it more appealing :)
Love the all in one method! Much more appealing!!
Square shaped paratha looks delicious:)
A genius idea, Shruti…and a genius title too! These look delicious. :)