Roasted Garlic-Mushroom Toast
Start your weekend in style!!! I’ve said this before when I posted ‘Puff Pastry Tarts’ and saying this again with these ‘Roasted Garlic-Mushroom Toast’ :) Actually, brunch is something I love making every weekend… It’s always special! And when I explored my own food-pics, I found that I tried many breakfast/brunch dishes recently. I’m actually liking a wonderful spread of brunch on my table… :P And this one was really a super-hit for us!
Well, I make mushrooms often as it’s one of my favorite ingredients… But to roast it along with garlic was something I never experimented for brunch. Believe me, it came out so well. Why to wait for the next weekend then??!!! Here you go with a beautiful brunch and do try it out sometime soon <3
4 Bread Slices (I used SourDough one)
7-8 Button Mushrooms, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
a fistful of Salad Greens
1 tbsp Sour Cream
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Chilly Flakes
2 tsp Olive Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic into it.
- Saute it until golden brown in color and then add mushroom slices, salt, oregano and chilly flakes.
- Mix everything well and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Meanwhile, brush the bread slices with some butter or olive oil and toast/grill them.
- Spread sour cream on toast and arrange salad greens and then roasted mushrooms on top.
- Serve when it’s warm!
- I personally like to roast mushrooms with garlic, you can simply eliminate garlic here.
- Also, you can use hummus, any sort of chutney, cream cheese, guacamole as a spread to replace sour cream :)