Egg Fried Rice
It usually doesn’t happen but when it does, I open my lazy cooking diary :P Haannn… when I’m too lazy to cook anything for dinner, I switch to my rice-bowl mode! And having a plate of rice, cooked with many veggies & spices and that too with a bowl of yogurt & a dollop of pickle works great anytime. Recently had been in this situation and as I said, I planned making some sort of fried rice which is quick, easy yet delicious!!!
Well, we already have had Tawa Pulao & Chinese Fried Rice many times before… So thought to keep it simple. I didn’t have beans or any other protein source on hand to serve with dinner or toss in a salad… I took eggs and cooked it along with rice! Yes, you guessed it right… I made ‘Egg Fried Rice’ :) And don’t worry if you’re core-vegetarian… Eliminate eggs from this dish and you can serve it as ‘Veg Fried Rice’ too :) Here you go with the recipe…
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 Carrot, diced
1/4 cup Peas
3-4 French Beans, chopped
1 Red Chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and soak rice in a pot for an hour and cook until 90% done. Drain excess water and rinse with fresh cold water to stop cooking.
- Parboil all the veggies for 3-4 mins and drain excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger-garlic paste & chopped red chilly into it. Saute it for a while.
- Break eggs into pan and scramble them stirring constantly. It will take around a min (don’t overcook).
- Throw in the veggies along with spices and cook them for a few mins.
- Add cooked rice and mix everything well.
- Turn off the heat and pour lemon juice.
- Quickly toss it and serve hot!
- If you want to make vegetarian version, remove eggs from the recipe and follow the steps.
- You can use any of your favorite seasonal veggies here.