Since childhood, I have seen all ladies of my family making ‘Gujarati Kadhi’ which is quite obviously, sweet and tangy! And funny thing was I hated yogurt that time… Well actually, I used to hate any sort of dairy products… Not event cheese/butter :P But since I developed a good taste, I have been enjoying a bowl of yogurt every now n then!
I too make the same Kadhi in-house but to bring some change in routine one, I preferred to try it with strong garlic flavor. Of course, I’m a big fan of garlicky stuff and so I loved this one the most <3 You must try to make this ‘Lahsuni Kadhi’ next time :)
1/2 cup Curd
3/4 cup Water
1 tbsp Besan
1/2 tsp Ginger, chopped
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Ghee
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix besan, water and curd together to form a lump free batter.
- Add ginger and garlic powder in it. Cook on low flame to bring it to boil.
- Stir well after adding spices and lemon juice.
- Heat ghee in a tadka pan and add cumin seeds in it.
- Once crackled, add minced garlic and saute it for a while. Add this tempering to boiled curd mixture.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves over it and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with a plate of steamed rice!