It’s never possible that you haven’t had a plate of ‘Hara Bhara Kebab’ ordered in any of the restaurants, if you’re a foodie!!! I probably had it for the 1st time when I was in school… It’s one of the most popular vegetarian appetizers, which is easy-to-make, healthy and delicious. ‘Hara Bhara’ itself means full of greens… And you can easily judge the ingredients from the color and name both :) It contains my favorite spinach, green peas and of course mashed potatoes with some fresh herbs like coriander & mint :)
A treat for healthy food-seekers! A treat for ‘go-green’ followers! A treat for lovers of lip-smacking food! A treat for kids too! :) Even while working on these pics, I was drooling, I recently had it though :P Honestly, you must try this one in case if you haven’t yet…
1 Potato, boiled & mashed
2 cups Spinach Leaves, chopped
1 cup Boiled Peas, half-crushed
1/2 tsp Ginger-Green Chilly Paste
2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
4-5 Mint Leaves, chopped
1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Cornflour
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Chat Masala
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix everything well.
- Divide the mixture in 12 equal portions and make balls out of them.
- Flatten them a bit for even cooking and fix a piece of cashewnut on each kebab.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and arrange these kebabs over it.
- Shallow-fry on both the sides until it gets golden brown color.
- Transfer them to an absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- Pour few drops of lemon juice and sprinkle chat masala on top before serving!
- Add some more breadcrumbs if required to shape it.
- You can also add amchur powder for tangy hint!
Wow Shruti! Hara bhara kebabs ! What great pictures!
Shruti, awesome kebabs and gorgeous shoot!
Thanks a ton, Sonal! I personally loved these pics… <3
yummy! they look so good, I can almost taste them!
Kebab looks delicious. and yes those forks look elegant. :)
Thank you dear! Heading over to try a few of your recipes… Just bookmarked them! :)
I must admit, the vegetarian dishes don’t usually appeal to me, but this sounds quite appetizing. I think I might have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip!
That looks delicious Shruti and simple too..will surely give it a try 😊
Hi Shruti, this looks delicious and rich in nutrition as well!
Looks lovely! Healthy and delicious! :)
I am beginning to love kebabs! I hope i can try this when i visit this place
Very elegant! And love the kebabs :)
Green = good :)
These look delicious! (And I can’t help but thinking that they are super similar to how I make homemade falafel — bright green with LOTS of fresh herbs — except these have potatoes instead of chickpeas of course.) Anyway, they look divine.
Delicious and healthy kababs..
Seriously very hard to resist to those prefect looking kebabs, just drooling here..