What makes your cuppa tea special? For me, there are 3 things… A wonderful company, non-stop chattering & a bowl of crisp munchies :P I often make such tea-time snacks in-house! And one of my favorites is any sort of crackers with too many seeds inside.
This one is ‘Corn Crackers’ or call them tiny corn squares :) Have added sesame, cumin & fennel seeds for super-flavor and aroma. Try them out sometime! :)
1 cup Maize Flour
1/2 cup Wheat Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sesame Seeds, roasted
1 tsp Fennel Seeds, partially crushed
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Fresh Crushed Black Pepper
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Oil + for deep-frying
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add oil in it and rub the mix between your palms to form light crumbles.
- Knead a medium hard dough by adding water as required.
- Cover it with a lid/wrap and keep aside for half hour.
- Divide the dough in 7-8 equal portions and roll them out paratha size (a little thick).
- Cut them into your favorite shape (I did small squares).
- Deep-fry them in oil on medium high heat until golden brown.
- Serve with a cuppa tea :)
- Once they’re cooled down to room temp, you can store in air-tight container.
- Shelf life is 10-12 days!