I have been making simple phulka roti since I was a kid! Probably that was the 1st thing I got to learn in kitchen… And till now, I’m used to make it at least 3-4 times in a week! Now it’s time to try out varieties… Making it a little healthy and yummy was all that I had on mind. And finally, I’m here with a super-duper version of that :)
Have you ever had rotis made with any sort of green leafy veggies? You definitely must have tried parathas or theplas… Then why not to make roti? Here you go with recipe of my experiment :)
1 cup Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
3/4 cup Water
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Oil
Ghee, to serve
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix wheat flour, coriander leaves, cumin powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil in it and knead a soft dough by adding water gradually as required.
- Once done, add remaining oil in it and knead it for 2-3 mins more.
- Cover it with a lid or cling wrap and let it rest for 10-12 mins.
- Divide the dough in 5-6 equal portions.
- Roll them out thin to make them 7-8″ in diameter.
- Place it on a flat griddle on low heat.
- Once you find bubbles on top, flip it over and cook it for 1/2 min.
- After that, hold it with a chapati tong and cook it on direct flame both the sides.
- It will puff up like shown in step-wise images.
- Brush a little clarified butter (ghee) and serve hot!
Similarly, you can use spinach of fenugreek leaves too for making flavored rotis :)