Risotto!!! I laugh aloud while recalling my 1st experiment of making a good risotto :P I arranged all the ingredients on kitchen top… Started stirring it in a non-stick pan and when I felt it was done, I found if too dry… And when I tasted, it was just bland! I guess, I used everytime that goes in this classic Italian dish, but phewwwwwwwww :P
This time, it was super-successful! Finally, I know how to make my favorite ‘Mushroom Risotto’ :) Had it several times before, so knowing that it wasn’t the best one, but not bad at all. Will improvise with time, I’m sure :) Here you go with the recipe and hopefully will work great with you too!!!
1 cup Arborio Rice
4 cups Vegetable Stock
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 Garlic Clove
7-8 Button Mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/3 cup White Wine
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Cracked Pepper
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cut the garlic clove in 2 slices and rub them on non-stick surface of a pan.
- Heat butter on low flame in a non-stick vessel and add chopped onions. Saute for 4 mins, making sure it doesn’t change color.
- Turn the heat to medium, add arborio rice and mix well to toast rice nicely with butter.
- Add white wine in it and keep stirring continuously for 3-4 mins or until all liquid is soaked up.
- Heat vegetable stock and add one ladleful of stock at a time in it and stir non-stop to get it absorbed completely. Keep following the same trick till the last ladle of stock (approx 25-30 mins).
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add sliced mushrooms. Cook until they are light brown in color.
- Add mushrooms in that vessel and mix well. Add last ladle and again stir for a while.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to rest for 3 mins.
- Add grated parmesan and a dollop of butter to make it rich and creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot!!!
You can also add chopped garlic to enrich the flavor.