A few days back, I was in hurry to reach client on time! I wanted to be there n finish my work before the restaurant starts getting crowded at lunch time. Only an hour I had… And at the end time, I remembered hubby warned me in morning not to leave without eating something substantial! I was in dilemma What to cook…
Quickly, thought of making half-fried egg on toast. Took one egg, 2 bread slices n buttered them. But that’s my weekend breakfast… Can’t enjoy the same way on weekday :( A big smile on my face… And I picked my cookie cutter!!! I decided to make kids-friendly ‘Egg in a hole’ :) Cut the bread slice in center… It seemed to be a funny idea though :P Cooked and finally, I enjoyed it…
Happily left to catch the earliest possible train… Why don’t you bring a change in your way of eating eggs??!!!
2 Bread Slices
Salt, to taste
A pinch of Pepper Powder
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Butter both the bread slices.
- Cut one of them in the center, using cookie cutter.
- Arrange it on griddle.
- Break one egg in center and sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
- Let it cook for 2 mins and turn over.
- Cook for a while and serve on another slice of bread (toasted).
- Ask your kid to help you out cutting the bread slice :)
- You can beat the egg and pour it in the center as well!!!
What a fantastic idea Shruti. Will try with my girls tomorrow :).
Nice idea Shruti !! Did you use a heart shaped cookie cutter?
Naah Avika! It was simple round cutter only… :) But heart as well as square shaped works great too :)
Love the idea. Will give it a try.
winters special ..