Homemade Ricotta Spread
Have you ever try making ricotta cheese at home? If no, this is a chance… Try this 100% guaranteed method and enrich your breakfast or brunch :) The method is quite similar to how we make paneer (cottage cheese) with a minor difference of adding cream and salt in milk… And of course, the consistency!!!
1 ltr Milk
1/2 cup Full Cream
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take milk, cream and salt in a large non-stick vessel and bring it to boil on medium flame.
- Add lemon juice in it and stir for a few seconds.
- After a min, turn off the heat and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Take a muslin cloth and transfer this mixture to it.
- Strain it completely and hang it on sink tap for an hour.
- Take it in a bowl and add a pinch of salt (only if required) and fresh/dried herbs with some chilly flakes.
- Your spread is ready to serve!
- Use this whey to knead dough, which will make flatbreads softer.
- For more solid texture, keep it in refrigerator for a few hours once it is drained completely.