Instant Rava Dhokla
Summer is on!!! When I can’t miss to make Aam-Ras, I absolutely have to make dhokla to go with it :) Well, ‘White Dhokla’ goes without saying for me :) A classic gujju combo forever! I was running out of time, so preferred to make Instant Rava Dhokla only which hardly took my 15 mins to make from start to end.
Well, my plan was to make a complete Gujarati Thaali so I was loaded with lots of work… Preparing steamer for dhokla is always followed by cleaning work :( Naah… wasn’t the right time! Greased a microwave proof tray n poured the batter… 3-4 mins & it was ready for tempering!!! My personal choice is plain dhokla so avoided sesame seeds, green chillies n curry leaves in tadka… Try making this in case if you’re planning a quick snack :)
1 cup Semolina (rava), fine
3/4 cup Curd
1/4 cup Water (or a little more, if required)
1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (optional)
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Eno (Fruit Salt)
1 tsp Cooking Oil
1 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix all the ingredients (except eno) of batter in a big bowl and mix them well to make lump-free batter.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Grease a microwave proof tray/plate with a few drops of oil.
- Add oil and eno to batter and whisk it for a while to make it little fluffy in texture.
- Pour it in a grease tray and cover with a lid (microwave proof) or cling wrap.
- Microwave on high for 3-4 mins and after taking it out, let it cool down for a few mins.
- Cut them into pieces and arrange in a plate or bowl.
- Prepare tadka and pour over the pieces, mix to coat them well.
- Serve with Poori n a bowl of Aam-ras!!!
- You can sprinkle a pinch of black pepper powder once you pour the batter in tray.
- Also, 1/4 tsp minced garlic will lend a beautiful flavor to this dhokla :)
- Check it once after 3 mins, it might need one more min (adjust according to your microwave)!!!